Whether it is the renovation of Montpelier, or the updating of historic office buildings, historic buildings create unique opportunities for upgrading fire safety technology.
These spaces often adhere to outdated building methods and materials. Contrary to the present trend of open architecture, they may have tiny passages and minimal exit space.
Curtain technology can be the only viable option of fire safety technology for historic buildings. Curtain technology is uniquely qualified for this job because:
- The curtains are encased in a relatively small metal container. Therefore, they consume less of the available room real estate.
- This efficient use of space also allows them to be more easily retrofitted into existing structures.
- They integrate with existing central fire alarm systems.
- Smoke curtains reduce possible sprinkler systems requirements.
- They improve design aesthetics by eliminating barriers and fire-rated glass.
With years of experience in the building trade, U.S. Smoke & Fire is intimately aware of building codes, restrictions, and maintaining historic standards. We can make sure the historic integrity of the building is maintained.